Monday 20 October 2014

Research - Larry Fink / Neil Leifer / Al Satterwhite

Looking through the black & white images within Larry Fink's 'boxing' book, showcasing the emotions that surrounds a potentially glamorous sport when it come to fight night, I'd like to be able to replicate his images of preparation & hardships that these athletes have to endure as they aspire for the spotlight.





Neil Leifer's photographs of Muhammad Ali in the ring are world renown and some of the most famous sporting images of all time. I take great inspiration from his work, wanting to try my hand at boxing images after viewing the intense moments of Ali/Liston & Ali/Williams with such rich & vivid colours. For this assignment I'm not expecting access to actual fights so I'd like to capture the candid moments he has also shot during training, again documenting the endurance required for training.




  

I also have enjoyed viewing Al Satterwhite's images of Ali training.




No comments:

Post a Comment